Strategic Economic Development Plan FY 2013-2015
Realizing that the 2009 Strategic Plan needed updating, the YEDC requested assistance from the Community Economic Development Department on the lower Colorado River Authority. After an extensive process of soliciting community leader’s input and data collection, the following seven goals to improve opportunities within the city were crafted:
- Continue targeting key businesses and industries.
- Look for ways to support workforce development.
- Continue supporting the success of existing businesses.
- Develop a real estate strategy for business recruitment.
- Maintain a supporting role in housing, tourism, and community enhancements.
- Develop regional recruitment and marketing partnerships.
- Foster community awareness of the Yoakum Economic Development Corporation (YEDC)
Awards and Recognitions
The Yoakum Economic Development Corporation has been recognized by the Texas Economic Development council for Economic Excellence from 2007-2014. The award recognizes a commitment to professional economic development by the Economic Development Board and exemplary professional standards by the staff.