Downtown Vision Survey
The Downtown Vision Survey came from an effort by the Yoakum EDC to understand the how the residents of Yoakum, Texas feel about their historic downtown. Survey takers were asked to “Close your eyes and envision a revitalized downtown Yoakum. What do you see?”
* The purpose of the visioning exercise is to determine resident preferences on how and what revitalization will occur.
* Questions concerned preferred businesses, building appearance, streets, and upstairs apartments.
* Respondents numbered 279, a sizable number for a community of 6,000.
* Forty five respondents volunteers to assist on future downtown projects.
* The Downtown Vision Survey was taken between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2017.